We can all agree that organizing increases productivity. Many types of industries can benefit from the integration of modular drawers. Drawers create a well-organized lean manufacturing workspace that can optimize space. They are a great solution for parts and product management. Fully customizable, they have become essential for any business wishing to increase storage while reducing the footprint.
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Here are a few of the many industries that can benefit from the use of modular drawers:
- Aerospace – Aviation calls for absolute protection of valuable parts. Safely store these parts incorporating drawers into your pipe and joint structures.
- Automotive – Avoid the hassle of always looking for tools by creating a system where everything has a place, and everyone knows where to find it.
- Packaging – Regardless of the product, there will always be equipment, materials and or parts of different sizes that will need storage, make it efficient and well organized.
Benefits of using drawers:
- Protection while transporting
- Easy access
- Customizable storage solutions
- Comfort and ergonomics
- Inventory management
Tips to remember:
- Determine what it is intended for, to evaluate the space needed
- Think ergonomics, consider heights
- If using multiple drawers, use labels to identify
- Prioritize top drawer, reserve for tools or parts that are the foundation of the task
- Use dividers to micro-organize drawer space
What you need to complete the project
Define what type of drawer and surface to use
We recommend using a 1/2″ surface or thicker such as HDPE plastic when building box drawers
Pipe and Joint Drawer:
If using a thin surface such as 1/4″ HDPE surface with this setup, make sure to add enough support in the middle of your drawer frame
Choose drawer slide and accessories
Our standards are ACCURIDE Full-Extension 14″ 20″ and 24″ lengths
Full-extension allows drawer to open the full length of the slide, allowing for greater access
FL-COU-U: slide bracket to stabilize drawers on pipe and joint structure
F-A85/8: Self-tap metal screw to fix drawer slides to structure
F-S81/2: Screw used to fix guide rail to drawer sides
F-SF81: Screw used to assemble box drawer
AO-SHIM: to level any surface
Take it to the next level